Who is JAMS Publishing?
We are a group of writers at various stages in our career, who have come together to create a small business which aims to support other aspiring writers.
When JAMS was formed it consisted of:
• Jackie – freelance content and copy writer, published author
• Anita – published children’s author, freelance proofreader and copy editor
• Michael – published author, self-publishing expert
• Shelley – published author, ghost and biography writer, voracious reader, business woman
Since then Anita has stepped back from JAMS to concentrate on her proofreading and editing business – Get It Write UK
We initially formed a writers group way back in 2015 to support each other to fulfil our writing ambitions.
- Jackie has left full-time employment to become a freelance writer, has co-authored a biography with Shelley, published a couple of short stories and recently published two novels.
- Anita has published an acclaimed children’s book and has started working as a freelance proofreader and copy editor. She resigned from JAMS in November 2020.
- Michael has added several books to his impressive collection of published titles, and developed his extensive knowledge and skills around self-publishing.
- Shelley has published a short story, a non-fiction book and three novels. She has also jointly published a personal memoir with Jackie.
- Collectively, we have published a series of flash fiction anthologies.
To read more about us as individuals please have a look at our biographies on the About Us page.
What do we do?
JAMS began in the spring of 2015 as a writers group. We met through a mixture of happenstance and a shared love of a glass of wine, or two.
In 2019, we made the decision to create a small business that extends this support to other aspiring writers.
Together we offer a range of different Services including:
- Writing Competitions – fees vary
- Content and Copy Writing – from £30 per hour
- Proofreading and Copy Editing – from £25 per hour
- Support with Self-Publishing – from £15 per hour
- Manuscript Critiquing – from £10 per hour
- Short Story/Flash Fiction Critiquing – Subscription £5 a month
- Ghost and Biography Writing – from £20 per hour and 50% of profits
Our rates are very competitive. If you would like to engage us to support you to achieve your own writing ambitions please get in touch using our Contact Us form and we will be in touch to discuss your needs and generate a quote.
We all know that the best way to improve our writing skills is to write … to write every day, even if it’s just a few sentences.
Writing competitions and challenges are a great way to get inspired, experiment and push us out of our comfort zones.
That’s why one of the things we do is run regular writing competitions. Have a look at our Competitions page to find out more and enter our current competition.
To keep up to date with what we are all up to and competition results, check out our Latest News.
If you want to talk to us about anything we do, please drop us a message using our Contact Us form.